Saturday, July 17, 2010

Nostalgia 1

Today was my first time at the Tower Grove Farmers Market. Today also happened to include the second time I've ridden my bike in the city (lame, but hey, I'm trying!). Being at the market brought on this rejuvenating feeling that really caught my off guard. I've known about it for years, just never went, so it wasn't "surprise". Biking to the park, walking around all the booths, listening to the music and seeing all the cute puppies really made me feel like I was back in Boulder, CO visiting my friend. It was strange, but in a good way. The bike ride was a little more stressful than the Colorado one and St. Louis is Definitely lacking in the sample department, but seeing everyone mill over fresh veggies, fruits, dips and pesto just felt...Good.
I fell in love with Boulder the first time I went there and haven't really had any experience that stirred up those memories and feelings since (other than going back to Boulder one other time). Boulder has fountains, a fancy tea house, music and the whole thing is a little bit bigger-Tower Grove can match just about all of its features. Our fountain is filled with kids, we have the pavilion with music in it, in the mornings it has a yoga class (for free!), no tea house but almost as many goggies and cute girls. It was nice to feel something like that here.

I didn't have much to spend so I bought a few ears of sweet corn and some basil pesto. I haven't had a chance to try anything yet but hopefully I can cook something yummy tomorrow evening. If you get a chance, you should really check out this market, or ANY open air, fresh/local produce market around. It's good for your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment